Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fit or Fat for Forty?


40 is staring me in the face. May 25th is lurking right around the corner and I still haven't been able to budge the 14 years of pregnancy weight (can I still call it that?) from off this figure! Well my hope has been renewed as I spoke with a friend who had recently lost thirty pounds. Her husband has lost even more! Hook, line and sinker, I dove straight in and ….

Day 1 – The meals taste good. Today's menu included a Strawberry Shake, Oatmeal, Chicken with Wild Rice Soup, Grilled chicken with veggies and a spinach and cucumber salad, later on a PB Bar, and pretzels. I had a slight headache in the evening but went on to bed and slept well.

Day 2 – The scale reads -4.6 this morning but I will hold my breath a few more days. Today's menu included a dark chocolate shake, an oatmeal raisin bar, scrambled eggs, and banana pudding. I have to work tonight so a strawberry cream bar will go in my purse and when I get home I'll enjoy a lean and green meal before bed! I am hopeful that the scale will sing a softer tune in the morning as well but I have been known to fluctuate 5 pounds or so!

They tell me I will adjust to small pre-packaged meals by the 4th day when I go into fat burning mode! Can't wait, maybe I'll buy a new dress for my Birthday and celebrate a lighter me at 40! Feel free to join me on this journey back to a more fit and healthy me.

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment