Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mile Long List Check In #3

Today is the last day of July.  It's time to stop thinking about back to school and put the finishing touches on our new school year and to complete this mile high to do list once and for all, or at least til next summer. Over this summer I've been working through my action plan and recording my progress here on the pages of my blog. I wish I was further along this list but that's my life folks.  I will continue to check items off the list and post the results but my time is much more scheduled and routines have to be followed in order to keep this homeschooling mama's plates spinning. 
  1. Purchase school curriculum and pay all fees for Classical Conversations. (to be delivered to our foundations direct upon her return from vacation). 
  2. Prepare a month of menus for breakfast, lunch and supper that concentrate on whole foods but are family friendly (This one took a couple of hours but it's done and saved in one-note and Excel). Yay!
  3. Use freezer cooking methods to restock the freezer for the school year. (So far I have sloppy joes, cranberry chicken, prebrowned hamburger, meatballs, and crockpot fajitas completed but with every meal I am trying to double or triple it and freeze the others)
  4. Prepare for this school year
  5. set up weekly assignment files
  6. photocopies made and filed
  7. props and room decorations, bulletin boards and science board
  8. supplies purchased
  9. schedules and routines in order and ready.
  10. Transform family room from storage room to classroom (check out this post to see this work in progress -http://monilynlu.blogspot.com/2012/07/mile-long-project-list-update.html
  11. Prepare lesson plans for my four students at home
  12. Prepare for Challenge A: watching webinars and the portal and tweaking lesson plans
  13. Prepare for July's wedding (I'm a bridesmaid).
  14. Prepare for July's trip to the General Assembly (for my husband's work).
  15. Clean up in and around our house - major declutter for us.
  16. Clean out the garage.
  17. Clean out closets, drawers, cabinets. (finished the boys closets, my closet and Mike's)
  18. File home office paper work pile
  19. Dentist, Vision, Physicals - make these appointments for family members starting with my own!
  20. Plan Mike and my monthly date nights for the new year.
  21. Organize photos on laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment